Frequently Asked Questions

A public adjuster is an independent claims adjuster who represents you in a claim with your insurance company.

As the name implies, an independent claims adjuster does not work for the state. However, they are licensed by the State Department of Insurance.

Your claims adjustor will inspect you and your property for signs of damages and will then determine what your insurance company is obligated to pay based on those damages.

Ideally, you should call your claims adjuster ASAP. After ensuring that everyone involved in any accidents is safe and that any emergency personnel have been contacted, you should call your claims adjuster.

The payout is based on the damages determined to have been caused by the insurable incident. It is also, of course, based on your insurance policy and the maximum amount agreed to be paid.

Recent Articles

Scroll to Top